Adopt a Classroom
Deadline for entries: Monday, December 12, 2016
The Adopt a Classroom grant program is a collaborative effort between Misty’s Dance Unlimited and Coulee Parenting Connection to help fill gaps in education funding for useful projects and materials that contribute to students’ love of learning. For years, we’ve collaborated on Cash for Classrooms. This year, we’d like to ADOPT a Classroom, to the tune of $2,500!
The information that you will include in the attached application form will provide Misty’s Dance Unlimited and Coulee Parenting Connection with the data needed to determine whether or not to fund your project. In the spirit of collaboration, we’re seeking creative applications this year that feature contributions involving students and teachers working together. Have fun!
Applications must be from students in grades kindergarten to 12th at a public or private school in the Coulee Region (La Crosse, Holmen, Onalaska, West Salem, Viroqua, and La Crescent, Minn. and surrounding communities).
Entries may be published in upcoming issues of Coulee Parenting Connection.
• Requests may be for learning opportunities that are new, denied, or no longer funded due to budget cuts. The intention of this grant is to fund projects not covered by the regular school budget. Please indicate if regular avenues of funding have been exhausted or this is an expense eliminated from a budget.
• Project funds must be used by March 2017.
Applications will be reviewed on a competitive basis by committee. Priority is given for grants that:
• meet basic educational objectives;
• promote literacy and/or the arts;
• involve collaboration with students and/or parents and/or other classrooms/schools;
• and are sustainable.
€ Download and complete the grant application.
€ Attach a budget breakdown.
€ Either e-mail your application and budget to Lissa Carlson, using the subject line: Adopt a Classroom, or send your application which must be postdated no later than Mon., Dec. 12. Applications should be mailed to:
o Adopt a Classroom
If you have questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.