|About Us | Contact Us|
Fair Fight Rules
Rules for Fair Fights with Teens
Improve an already difficult relationship by following these suggestions.
1. Everyone must be in agreement to meet.
2. There should be a “cooling off” period after the disagreement, but it should happen within a couple of hours.
3. Meet in a neutral place, kitchen table. (Not someone’s bedroom)
4. Remove distractions, i.e. cell phones, TV’s, computers, etc.
5. Allow each person 30 seconds to voice concerns or answer questions. (This time may be extended after every one is used to, and following, this format.)
6. Only one person may speak at a time. No interrupting.
7. No raising voice.
8. No name-calling, swearing, or teasing.
9. Stick to the current topic, do not bring up past incidents, even though they may seem relevant.
10. Use “I” statements. No blaming comments.
11. Really listen to the others point of view or perspective.
12. Be aware there might not be a resolution. Agree to disagree.
13. Parents set the final expectations and have the last turn to speak.