Coulee Region Halloween Trick-or-Treating Information
Sat., Oct. 27
11am – 3pm, Downtown La Crosse businesses
Wed., Oct. 31
3 – 4:30pm, Downtown Viroqua businesses
3 – 5pm, Downtown La Crescent businesses
3 – 6pm, Downtown West Salem businesses
5 – 7pm, Safe & Warm Trick-or-Treating, Valley View Mall, La Crosse
Community Trick-or-Treating Hours
4 – 8 pm, Holmen
4 – 8 pm, La Crescent
4 – 8pm, La Crosse
4 – 8 pm, Onalaska
4 – 8 pm, West Salem
4:30 – 7:30 pm, Viroqua
5 – 8pm, Tomah
35+ No Sew Halloween Costumes from www.parenting.com.
Tips for Trick-or-Treating
- Plan your route ahead of time.
- Trick or treat in familiar neighborhoods.
- Carry a flashlight with fresh batteries after dark.
- Always trick or treat in groups, accompanied by an adult.
- Stay on the sidewalks and out of the streets. Cross only at intersections and designated crosswalks.
- Don't trample through flower beds and gardens.
- Watch out for open flames in jack-o-Lanterns.
- Walk with your head up and be aware of your surroundings.
- Only visit well lit houses. Don't stop at dark houses.
- Don't enter any houses unless you know the people.
- Don't approach unfamiliar pets and animals.
- Always watch for cars backing up or turning.
- Never accept rides from strangers.
- Be polite and say "thank you."
- Don't eat any candy until it's inspected for tampering under bright lights.
- Report any suspicious or criminal activity to an adult or the police.
Tips taken from www.halloween-website.com.